Northern Lights has reserved a total capacity of 0.8 million tonnes of CO2 per year for the Norcem cement factory in Brevik and the Hafslund Oslo Celsio waste-to-energy plant, to fulfill our obligations as the transport and storage component of Longship, the Norwegian Government’s full-scale carbon capture and storage project.
Beyond that, we are engaging with emitters around Europe, who are considering using the Northern Lights infrastructure to help them decarbonize.
We start these conversations by asking several questions to help us understand their needs:
- What is the CO2 source?
- How much CO2 do you intend to store?
- At which loading port will the CO2 be delivered?
- When do you expect to be able to start capture?
- What capture technologies are you considering?
- Are you in need of support to secure funding?
- Is there a component of biogenic CO2 in the mix?